On the first Saturday in August, there is always a celebration of the anniversary of Avatar Meher Baba's 1956 visit to Meher Mount.
This year's special guest speaker is Naosherwan Anzar who first met Avatar Meher Baba in Dehra Dun, India, when Naosherwan was two months old. He will share stories of his life and the spiritual lessons he has learned following Meher Baba.
ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION PROGRAM
The program schedule for the Anniversary Celebration on Saturday, August 5, 2017:
11:30 a.m.: Potluck Lunch on the Topa Topa Patio
1:15 p.m. : "Spiritual Lessons Learned from My Life with Meher Baba" - Naosherwan Anzar
3:30 p.m.: Arti (prayers, songs, poems, quotes) under Baba's Tree
4:30 p.m.: Tea & Closing on the Topa Topa Patio
All are welcome. There is a suggested donation of $20 to help cover expenses.
ABOUT NAOSHERWAN ANZAR
Naosherwan grew up under Meher Baba's direct spiritual guidance. Over the years he had several meetings with Avatar Meher Baba with the last meeting just 40 days before Meher Baba dropped His physical body on January 31, 1969.
In 1966 under Meher Baba's direction, Naosherwan launched the magazine Glow International and continues to be its editor and publisher.
Naosherwan wrote in the 50th Anniversary Edition of Glow International, Spring 2016:
"It began like this: Still in my teens, I decided to publish an eight-page journal detailing Meher Baba's visits to Dehra Dun, where I spent the first twenty-three years of my life, his spiritual discourses and answers to questions that seekers asked him. Initially titled The Spark, the journal was widely circulated and commended. Meher Baba sent a cable, 'Your deep love for me sparkles through The Spark and makes me happy.' Enthused by his warm and loving response, I unfolded my plans to edit and publish a quarterly journal, renaming it The Glow. Meher Baba wrote back, 'My Nazar [Grace] is on My Glow.'"
Naosherwan is strongly committed to preserving, documenting and sharing the story of Meher Baba's life, work and teachings. Towards that end, he established Beloved Archives, a 501(c)3 non-profit, tax-exempt organization registered in the United States.
The mission of Beloved Archives is to carefully restore and preserve all materials associated with the life, work and teachings of Avatar Meher Baba and to make materials accessible to seekers worldwide.
The archived materials include photographs, books, CDs and films and are available to researchers, biographers and the general public by appointment. The archives are located at 116 Youngs Road, Hamilton, NJ.
NO-HOST DINNER BOCCALI'S AFTER THE CELEBRATION
There is a no-host dinner after the event at 5:30 p.m. at Boccali's restaurant for all who are interested. Boccali's is located at 3277 Ojai Santa Paula Road, Ojai, CA. If attending the dinner:
- Please arrive at the restaurant by 5:15 p.m. Seating is limited. Later, you might not get served.
- Please bring cash or your checkbook. Boccali's does not accept credit cards.
- With such a large group, there are no separate checks. The total bill - including tax and a 20% tip - is divided by all participants. Each person pays that portion of the bill.
- Please RSVP to Sam Ervin if you are attending the dinner.
The dinner is a delightful time of fellowship and relaxation after a Meher Baba-filled day at Meher Mount.
WHAT TO BRING FOR THE ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
- A dish or beverages to contribute to the potluck lunch. Your food should be ready to eat and not require additional prep or cooking. The group will be eating on the patio which has limited prep and cooking facilities. Plates, cups, and eating utensils will be provided.
- A hat, sunscreen and water are recommended.
- There is a suggested donation of $20 to help cover the costs of the event.
The weather will be warm and beautiful. The Anniversary is a wonderful time to remember and celebrate the presence of the Avatar of the Age at Meher Mount.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Please do not bring your pets.
- There are no fires, incense or candles. The fire danger is extremely high.
- For more information, see the Visitor Guidelines.
If you are traveling to Ojai from out of the area, there are a number of places to stay in nearby Ojai, Santa Paula and Ventura. See more information about the area.