By Leslie Bridger
Coincidentally, on the day construction of the Workshop began on January 20, 2011, former Manger/Caretaker Billy Goodrum, who served with his wife Pamela from 2000 to 2002, arrived at Meher Mount unaware of the day’s events.
He had the opportunity to witness the groundbreaking. During his visit, the whole slab of concrete from the original workshop and caretaker quarters – which was on the property when it was purchased in 1946 as a Meher Baba retreat – was removed.
Billy left that day with a small piece of concrete as a memento of his time spent at Meher Mount. Other chunks of concrete were set aside for posterity.
During the demolition process, Manager/Caretaker Leslie Bridger took photographs to document the change.