How to Apply to Be a Caretaker
"If you want Meher Mount, I will keep it for you through hell, fire and damnation!"
- Agnes Baron, co-founder and lifetime caretaker, to Avatar Meher Baba, 1952
how to apply for the VOLUNTEER MANAGER/ CARETAKER POSITION
To determine your level of interest and your match with the requirements and duties of being a Manager/ Caretaker at Meher Mount, it is suggested that you:
- Discuss the position and ask questions with Sam Ervin, Chairman of the Board of Directors, at 562-498-0883 or email@example.com.
- Tour the property and facilities to get an overview of the job duties and requirements. To set up an appointment with the current Manager/Caretakers, email Buzz or Ginger Glasky at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 805-640-0000 to arrange your visit. Also, plan to tour the area to see the surrounding community and environment during your visit.
- Submit a written statement answering the following questions for each adult in your family:
- Why does this opportunity appeal to you and fit this stage in your life?
- What are your skills and background and how do they apply to the duties as you see them?
- What other professional and personal experience do you feel is relevant?
- What is your relationship to Meher Baba centers and activities?
- What is your current profession and time availability to fulfill the responsibilities of Meher Mount?
- Send this statement to the Recruitment Committee, c/o Sam Ervin at email@example.com.
- Volunteer to be temporary caretakers for a weekend (or longer) with a critical eye to what life might be like living here on a longer term, day-to-day basis.